Sunday, January 28, 2018

The Guide









The Guide

             
     You shouldn’t be here. But since you are, let’s go for a walk. Out of everybody that comes here to visit, I never thought I would see you here. This place isn’t meant to be stayed in for long. It’s my job to keep you company until you find your way back. Who am I? Well, that’s another story on it’s own, but the short version is: I’m nobody. I don’t have a name, but people do give me a title, “The Guide.”
     Titles are a funny thing. People think they give things purpose, order. Order is something that exists by itself. Sure things happen randomly, but in that randomness, there is order to the chaos. A random car crash that kills young people before they can even taste life even has order. Maybe they didn’t see the truck that was broke down on the side of the road because the mechanic forgot to tighten the bolt on the oil pan after an oil change? Should one of them have stayed just a bit longer at the gas station trying to figure out what drink would quench their thirst best, they all might still be around.
     No, you’re not dead. You’re in nothingness with me until you are ready to get back in your own state of mind. Demons take over and your consciousness gets put here. I try to help you get back into your former self. Some Demons like to stick around longer than others. You have more than one taking over right now, so this might take a while. Damage is hard to fix, and the more time you spend here, the harder it will be when you get back in your body.
     How long have I been here? This place is me… I am uncertainty… I am the time between cause and effect… I’m here to protect you from your own Demons and thoughts of chaotic impulses. Which are coming to an end soon. Once we reach the end of this path, you’ll be back in your body and waking up. Your demons won’t be gone for good. They will be here with me until I can’t contain them anymore. Lucky for you, that doesn’t seem like it will happen much. The cuts on your wrists will heal, you’ll cover up the scars until they fade, and you will be happy; trust me.
     You visit me on the worst day of your life, but it’s the best of mine. You’re too beautiful to be in this place, and I’ll do my best to keep you from coming back, even though I enjoyed seeing you. Let go and live.

The End

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another remarkable story. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written . I felt it . Still am .
    Peace, Brother - ♥️, Amanda

    ReplyDelete