Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Glass People

                                                                                                        




The Glass People


     Fuck, I can't think tonight. Been awake for 11 days now. My body is taking micro-naps. That's probably the only reason I'm alive. I been seeing things that aren't there. I keep seeing these, "Glass Beings," is the only way I can describe them. They are all over my house sometimes. Other times, I will only see one. They never seem to notice me. They don't really notice each other, either. Some are Translucent, others Transparent but most are Opaque. Colors tend to vary on the day, time, weather, my mood and other factures I haven't figured out yet. Maybe it’s all in my head.
     I watched one today that was 12 feet tall. Long skinny legs, long skinny arms, big hands with long digits, average man sized torso, small head with barely there shoulders and a small head. No eyes that I could see, but I noticed a big open mouth with sharp 3 inch teeth. He... It was transparent. The large ones tend to be.
     I was midway through my bowl of cream of mushroom soup when my body decided to take a micro-nap. I woke up to this sound coming from behind me. You know the sound when you rub your finger on a clean plate when you're done washing it, that squeaking sound? That's what I heard, but through a tunnel and muffled. With every movement, it made that sound. It stood looking over my shoulder for ten minutes. I finished my soup, got up and went toward the sink. I wanted to walk through it, but I couldn't pass through. I walked real slowly, so I didn't hit it that hard. Just took a side step and washed my bowl (I hate dishes. Every time I dirty one, I wash it straight away). By the time I turned around it was in the front room, looking out the window. I sat down next to it as it stood tall. Squeaking and sheening, it swayed back and forth for an hour until it shrunk away. It sucks into itself from its chest. This is the first time I watched one do so. Fuck, I need a full night’s sleep.
*
     Going on 23 days now. Nothing but micro-naps so far. I been drinking for 3 days straight, thinking that I would pass out and get some fucking sleep but it's not working. One of them noticed me tonight...... Yea, tonight, it's 3:30am right now. It was dark out when it happen. Time been slipping from me lately. I was fixated on my Vodka Glass since day light, when I heard them by me, I looked left, right, and then straight across the living room and noticed the street lights were on and I heard the moths bumping against my front door, as well. I need to remember to shut the outside light off during the day. *Squeak Squeak Squeak* I heard very faintly around the living room. I finished my drink, got up and bumped into one very hard. This one was maybe only 8 feet and solid with no light what-so-ever coming through it. Its teeth were like tiny thin crystal needles. Looked like thousands of them in its huge mouth. Small glass eyes peered down at me and it screeched so loud I thought my ears were bleeding, I even checked. I took a drunk step back, it came forward, louder, darker, and then it abruptly stopped when I heard a knock at the front door.
     "Were you been?" The small sweet gothic girl said.
     "Been? I never leave the house. The outside world is a big illusion to me since I haven't been able to get sleep. Who are you?"
     "Who am I?! You fucking kidding me?!" she said as she pushed through the door. "Who am I, huh? I'm the bill collector, give me money." She joked.
     Fuck, she's my girlfriend. I really am losing it. "You're lucky they're gone." I said.
     "Who's gone? It's just me and you, baby. What are you talking about?" She said.
     "Nothing. Why are you here?" I asked.
     "You haven't been answering me, Silly. I tried getting ahold of you, I called, texts, Facebook, twitter and still didn't hear shit from you. What have you been up to?" She asked.
     "I've been busy, Mama." I said.
*
     We talked the way couples do. She didn't believe a word I said, basically. She told me she felt a strong vibration on her shoulder, but burst into a red mist before I had a chance to take a breath. I was covered with wet bloody gore. Standing behind her was the thick, dense, glass man.  8 feet tall, thousand sharp teeth tore her to bits. It was looking right into my eyes. It didn’t have a spot of blood on it. I put my hand on it to run past and my hand was taken off from the wrist. I fell to the ground and passed out.
*
     I woke up seemed like days later. My left wrist had a rubber tourniquet on it right above where my hand use to be. A hatchet was in my right hand and I was covered in blood. Vicky was on the floor. Barely anything left of her. I must have hit her over 300 times. I think I'm going to take this tourniquet off and get some sleep. The Glass People want me to go with them.

The End
    






2 comments: