Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Void











The Void




     What’s on the other side? I get asked that a lot. The answer is: I am on the other side. I watch you every minute of every day. I am watching you now as you read this. Am I Death? No. I receive souls, I don’t always take them, but I do enjoy doing it. You are not MINE to take, but I do own what’s inside of you. You get recycled over and over; eventually your energy goes dark and has to be purified. I assign special beings to help me with this purpose. They will take you and purify your dark energy before I see you. Your renewed energy is then put back into the world. You retain some of your memories from the past bodies you were in until you turn 7 years of age.
     I have plans on going back into the world soon. I recently came back into the void to regroup and to choose my next body wisely. The last body I took was a Crow. I had to finish off one of my victims I knew got away. He was the darkest of all, but I got him in the end. I always get my mark. I been recycling myself for around 10,000 years. Unlike you, I retain my memory when I take new form. So much dark energy to purify out there in the world. I like to get my hands dirty most of the time and do it myself. Although I normally make things look like a suicide so I can purify more in the time I have in that body. That’s a recent technique. Way back when, you could kill anybody you wanted. Now it’s so easy to get caught. The last run I had, I purified around 200 people from the 1980s into the mid-90s. The news dubbed me The Suicide Killer. It didn’t take them long to give me the lethal injection. I was back a year later anyways. Just long enough to finish that asshole off. Being a Crow was pretty fun and had a crazy time with this Murder I ran. But that’s another story.
     I have other names I go by: Boogeyman, Tokoloshe, The Jersey Devil, Cuca, La Llorona and plenty others from around the world. I rather choose a body from the States. I enjoy the people there and typically where most the dark energy is. I have my next body lined up, but it’s not human. There will be a new species of bear I will take in Alaska. That’s not for another 100 years or so. There is no time in the void, so I can easily wait for bodies I want. I might even jump in a few to have fun before my big mission. I could easily wait 1,000 years for the right body. It’s kind of like time travel but I can only go forward in time, there is no going back, yet. We are working on that. As for now, we can go as far forward as we want, but the issue is, if we go too far and life itself ceases to exist, we won’t exist either. In order for us to stay immortal, we need mortality to give us power and life in the void.
     So, if you find yourself alive in 2117, or you’re reading this in 2117, stay away from Alaska; you will be on my menu.

Love,
The Boogeyman
    
    

2 comments:

  1. This was good
    I could envision this as his intro into a novel of his thoughts and ideals
    Something akin to a Diary of a Boogeyman :)
    Always enjoy reading what you compose
    G D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is sort of a sequel to one of my earlier short stories called, "Death Row." You just have to go back a few stories to find it. I used this Suicide Killer in a few flash fiction. I enjoy going back to him and see what he is up to. Working on a Novella using him, as well.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete