Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Gnome

                                                                                                  




Gnome



     He's back. This is the 3rd year this Thing came around. Every 1st of October, this Gnome gets put in my damn yard. A lot of crazy shit been going on around this Gnome, but I'll get to the bottom of it this year. I have cameras put up and lights on each corner of my house and when I catch who is fucking with me, I'll be the one doing the fucking.
*
     The 1st year it happen was 2063. It was a beautiful Monday. I was taking an afternoon nap and woke up when I heard kids outside laughing and jumping into the pile of leaves I just raked (by hand) earlier that day. I slipped on my slippers, grabbed my dirt jet and ran outside.
     "Go on! Get going! Know how long that took me to do?! Go play in some traffic!" I yelled.
     It didn't matter. They just went into someone else’s yard to do the same thing, I was sure they would come back and fuck my pile back up, so I just left it a mess. Let the fucking city clean it up. It was close enough to the street. That's why I pay my Global taxes for, for them to clean that shit. Walking back to the house I trip over this Gnome. Mean looking son-of-a-bitch, too. Tall pointy red cap, Eyes were sharp, evil little grin that looked ready to bite someone's ass. Not mine though, because I was on my ass by this point. I got up slowly, and kicked it as hard as I could. It bounced across the front yard, and went into the bushes by the fence.
      Every day that October I had to go outside and throw that thing away but it was always back in my yard the next day. It would be in random spots every time like, In a tree, on the fence, on my door step, on top of the trash cans, in the back yard dog house, in the Koi Fish pond, on my fucking house and other places kids wouldn't be able to get at. Then after Halloween I didn't see it. Whoever did this sure had a boring October to fuck with an old man.
*
     In 2064 I woke up around 4 am that Wednesday morning. Cold for October. No leaves that year because they all fell off the trees earlier than usual. But kids still found a way to make it into my yard. That Gnome was right in the bird bath. It looked right at me and I went straight outside and threw it in the trash. I put the trash bins by the street and watched them until the garbage truck came and got them. I went and made some breakfast, ate then let Buddy out back. Pugs aren't good at holding their messes. I went back in the kitchen to clean the few dishes I used when I heard Buddy yelp real loud. I opened the door and seen the Gnome next to him. I went out there and Buddy couldn't use his back left paw. I observed blood on the Gnome's mouth. So I checked Buddy and his paw was dripping blood.
     I started a big fire that night and Mr. Gnome went in it. Buddy and I stayed out back until it was nothing but ash. It didn't matter. It came back the next day. He always comes back in October. So I just kept Buddy close to me for the rest of that month. Kids starting to come up missing on my block. A few cops came around asking if I had seen anything or noticed any strange persons come in the town. I told them no and went to close the door. The Cop put his foot in the door and said, "I know you yell at those kids, and hate them on your lawn. I'll find out what you're doing here." And he left. They kept going missing. By the end of that very cold October, 2064, 7 kids went missing.
     Gnome would get more evil looking with each missing child. By the end of October he had blood shot eyes with pure white pupils, blood dripping from its mouth and sharp needle like teeth. It put fear in me toward the end of the month. I had a feeling it was going to come for me after there were no more kids. Why wait, though? Why my lawn? Why me?
*
     It's Thursday and I haven't seen the Gnome yet. I been keeping an eye out since midnight. Maybe whoever is fucking with me got bored this year. Must be a lot of work fucking around with a Gnome, painting it and making it look evil.
     I fell asleep looking out the window and woke up to someone screaming outside. There was a little girl swinging from my tree. She was still kicking when I ran outside to try to help her. I was too late. Above her I seen the Gnome on the branch with a fixed bloody smile. Thousands of pointy teeth in its mouth.
     It's Halloween 2065. My dog is dead. The Gnome took him earlier this month. 4 more kids went missing. But they're not missing anymore. All 11 of the kids are swinging by their necks from the trees in my yard. Some are mummified from being dead for years. The 4 taken earlier this month bloated and bloody. I hear the sirens and see the lights. I'll be the next one swinging, I'm sure of it. I leave this letter for everybody. I tried to get it on tape but the system would freeze then come back on after the Gnome did its work. It ruined my life, I'm sure it'll move on to someone else. Evil bastard. The cops are beating my door down.
      Find the Gnome.
THE END








No comments:

Post a Comment